All about the youth group of the United Churches of Kamloops

Monday, January 28, 2008

Shrove Tuesday.......Ash Wednesday

It seems so early for the Shrove pancake dinner to come. I don't think I ever paid attention to when Shrove Tuesday came but I do remember being excited to eat pancakes and sausages for dinner! I know that I now have a fondness for sausages and syrup because of all the Shrove Tuesday dinners. It wasn't until I was an adult that I started to see the history, the symbolism and how this could be part of my life besides a fun dinner. This time of year is my chance to see where I am at with my faith, my spirituality. It is a time when I can check out if my everyday life uses my faith. I guess where I want to be is where my everyday faith uses my life. Where does your faith sit in your life?
So come join the youth at KUC for Shrove Tuesday Dinner and stay for Ash Wednesday Service.
The youth are invited to help serve dinner at the Shrove Tuesday Pancake dinner. Date:Tuesday Feb. 5
Time: Set up at 4:30
dinner 5:00 - 6:30pm
Ash Wednesday service 6:30 - 7:00

Want to know more about Shrove Tuesday and Ash Wednesday? Click here to check out the United Church Canada Web site

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michele,

Just checking out the UCYG blog --great stuff!!!

It's been neat to be able to read your experiences with the Youth Group and Mount Paul service, as well as your reflections on change.

Thanks for the link to UCC re: shrove Tuesday, too. I clicked over and read --concise and interesting, just the way I like it!

Skylark