All about the youth group of the United Churches of Kamloops

Monday, January 21, 2008

Time.......

Wow, it seems like a long time since I posted and it has been! This last week I have has lots of time for thinking - forced on me by the flu invading our house. I was able to make some decisions, with the help of the youth, about what to do for the next 6 weeks. So, I have a schedule and will post that so everyone knows the happenings with UCYG. I was able to join the Mt. Paul congregation this Sunday for their worship service. It was great! If you get a chance to join them take it! They are a warm and welcoming congregation, the music was terrific - an enthusiastic groups of singers and hand drums to boot! They have been blessed with a great minister -Boyd Drake - who gave a sermon that really made me think. (Always a good thing, Thanks Boyd!) I also had the privilege of doing the time with the children and getting to tell one of my favorite stories The Blind Men and the Elephant. If you don't know the story then ask me sometime and I will share it with you. Boy, I feel like a restaurant critic.... "I would give this congregation four stars...." It really was a great time there, thanks everyone for your warm welcome. Stay tuned for UCYG Events

No comments: